Thursday 25 September 2014

Drafting and planning: NME creative task


This is my own version of making an NME magazine front cover featuring Trent Reznor. To make this I imported the NME masthead and the picture of Reznor into Paint.Net. On paint.net I then manipulated the images so that Reznor took up most the page and put the masthead at the top of the page.

I then imported the image as one onto publisher. I then decided to look up NME's magazine covers to decided what fonts they used and added in my cover lines using the one's I thought looked the closest to the real NME fonts. I then added in a bar code, the price, the date and the NME website as these are key codes and conventions in a magazine front cover.

It is important to add in cover lines as it shows the reader what else features in this magazine which helps attract your audience as some fans might not like Trent Reznor, but they could like Arctic Monkeys so they buy the magazine. The barcode, price, dateline, and website link are also important because  the readers need to know how much the price is. I decided to make this issue £4.99 to show what a big issue it is but also because I thought NME, was a monthly magazine, but I now know it is a weekly magazine. The website link is important as it gives the fans the chance to find out more news about the bands featuring in the issue. Finally the barcode is a key generic convention because without it you can't buy the magazine.

For the main cover line I looked up Reznors newest album, then I found out he is now a solo artist now and then just made up the last one. I used the font David and changed the font to the color white as it looks effective and makes the picture the main attraction of the cover which I want as it is the main story!

I think this task will help me in the future as it helped me learn how to crop and shape pictures so they look the way I want them, as-well as finding the fonts I needed for the cover lines. Overall I am pleased with my product and really enjoyed the task!

No comments:

Post a Comment