Sunday 19 October 2014

Drafting and planning: Fonts

These are 5 fonts I have drawn up for the masthead of my music magazine. I have decided to call it LGM music magazine because LG are my initials and the 'M' stands for music. My magazine is an alternative rock magazine and is based on NME. Due to this I made my first font big and bold to grab the reader and also it helps get the name across. It will help with my left third to! I really like my second one as it is very modern and is similar to the fonts NME use. My third one is similar to the second one and is more like Q's font as it is modern but slightly bigger so it can catch the readers attention. The 4th font is nice and big and will once again help with my left third, but personally I think it is the worst of the 5 as I don't think it seems serious enough. The last font I also really like as the style makes it easy to read, it is modern and I think it would really fit on an alternative rock music magazine!

Just like my typography blog ( http://lewisglennonmediawork.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/drafting-and-planning-investigating.html) this blog post will help me decide what font is best to use for my magazine, when making the main cover lines and the cover lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment