Monday 13 October 2014

Target Audience:who will produce my magazine?


I plan to use  Q magazines a base for my music magazine However it is important to find a production company that can appeal to a major audience, as my magazine will be a major magazine. Therefore I have decided to research who produces Q and NME as my magazine is based on them. Q is published by German publishers Bauer Media Group. It's revenue is 2.4 billion euros which is not as big as Time Inc, but Bauer Media is well known around the world as it is a global publisher. As well as Q it also produces Kerrang which is another well known magazine. While it might not be as big as Time Inc I will still consider Bauer Media to publish my magazine, as it is well known around the globe, produces two big magazines and also has links with 4 music, which is a good way to advertise the magazine as bands which feature in my magazine would of been on TV. This would help me raise the profile of my magazine.


Another music magazine I like is NME. NME is produced by IPC Media-Insipre, which is better known as Time Inc. Time Inc is a British company. It sells over 350 million copies of the magazines they produce each year. It opened in the mid 1950's and soon started picking out its target audience which has grown largely over the years. Their target audience is mass market woman, mass market men and upmarket women as well as music fans. It has produced Chat, Look, NME and Uncut to name a few.  In 2012 it won best production team at the Professional Publishers Association production and Environment Awards. It is a very big name publisher and I think I could use this to publish my magazine as I am basing my magazine on NME and Time Inc is a big reason NME gets published. Also my target audience is amass market which is the same as Time Inc.



Both of these magazines are major production firms which shows  my music magazine to appeal to a major audience not a nishe market audience. It is important that I pick the right production company for my magazine as it will be a big help in attracting my target audience and it will reflect what type of music magazine my product is.

I am aiming to base my magazine on either Q or NME, so this will help me decide which publishers I will use for my music magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment