Thursday 23 October 2014

Drafting and Planning: How to improve my codes and conventions

Recently in class me and a partner analysed each others codes and conventions task,http://lewisglennonmediawork.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/drafting-and-planning-5-cover-pictures.html.  This is my feedback on my work!

Looking at my partners comments I generally think that the fonts I used fitted in with the philosophy of each magazine and they all look realistic! Also I was praised with correctly sizing the fonts in some front covers (M magazine) used and all my cover lines are relevant to the magazine genre's.

Despite correctly sizing the fonts for the two M magazines, I did not use the right size fonts for the other magazines. It is important that I get the size of the fonts correct so other cover lines and pugs stand out more effectively. To help do this I shall look at other magazine fonts and try to size it using the fonts used on actual music magazine covers!

This task will help me in the future as I can figure out what sizes are the best to use to help benefit my magazine, and how to appeal to my audience using things such as pugs. All of this feedback will be useful when making my real magazine as I will know what to include to make the magazine look as best as possible and to stop me making basic errors.

No comments:

Post a Comment