Thursday 15 January 2015

drafting and planning: Feedback to first draft.

Today I got feedback from my classmate on how to improve my drafts for LGM which I have uploaded over the last few days.

 Overall my weakest draft was my contents page. It is not consistent as it does not contain some artists I used on my cover line, and my photo is not the best as it looks stretched out. I also need to make the fonts shorter and spread it out more as it is all crammed in. Also there simply is not enough content involved for a weekly music magazine. However I did use a good colour scheme and have stuck to the codes and conventions and used a subscription ad.

 On my double page spread the main thing was that I needed to use a secondary image and perhaps pull down the boldness of the font, to create a harmony of the pull quotes and the interview. This is useful as it shows me how I can create a double page spread which looks like an actual one for a music magazine. I was also told to maybe try and put the text around my image. This is used in a few music magazine's such as Q and I will experiment using this to see how well it looks.

Finally my front cover was my strongest element of my drafts. I was praised for the quality of my photo and my masthead as well as sticking to the codes and conventions of a typical music magazine by using a dateline, barcode, website and price. I was also praised for my layout of the cover lines, pugs and screamer. However I need to perhaps use less fonts as I have to many and I need to link it with my contents page as I left out a star (Katy Perry) from the contents page.

This task will help me when I make my final piece as it has shown me what basic errors I have made and how I could make my magazine look better. It has also shown me a new insight into how I could lay my magazine out for example on the double page spread I could put the text around the image instead of having the traditional image on one side, text on the other. Overall I am pleased with my drafts but this feedback has helped me show how to improve my weak elements and also straighten other element's to help me create a good strong music magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment