Monday 26 January 2015

Organisation: How to improve

I asked my teachers on how I can improve on my drafting of LGM's front cover, contents page and double page spread and this was his feedback!

Front Cover
There are three areas I need to improve on to make my front cover look better. The first area is something I picked up on myself in which the picture of my artist 'Jake' needs to be scaled up more. This is because it does leave a bit of blank space and he looks a bit distance from the masthead. The second reason is that my cover lines look uneven in space. This is because of the image of Jake and doing some 'experimental work' I have found that the cover lines are more equally spread after I have dragged Jake up. Finally my masthead needs to be a bit bolder as I am basing my magazine on NME. Due to this I have already started to make a new masthead. Overall the work on the layout needs improving. However I have already started to work on it and the front cover is looking much better.

Contents Page
As I have pointed out my contents page simply is not good enough as there is not much content and the fonts are to big. My teacher has basically agreed on these points and said it needs more content. To fix this I have already started looking at Q magazine contents page as shown in my previous blog (lewisglennonmediawork.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/organisation-how-to-improve-my-contents.html). I will use this as a template when making my real contents page and I will also redo my photo shoot of Jake for better quality contents page pictures, as my one of Jake is not the best, but I think the other images look good, but I will tweak them.

Double-Page Spread
On my double page spread I have just made a few basic errors. My first error is simply my spelling and grammar in some areas of the interview. Obviously I need to fix this as this is a huge interview in a big music magazine. My second error is that I have put my two pull quotes in different fonts and I should of kept them the same as most music magazines don't vary their fonts to much. However these errors can be fixed quite easily so my real double page spread should look like a proper interview.

This feedback has really helped me show some of the errors I failed to see in my front cover, contents page and double page spread draft. This will help provide a checklist and template for me when making my real front cover, contents page and double page spread, so they will look as best as I can make them!

No comments:

Post a Comment