Wednesday 21 January 2015

Organisation: Double Page Spread improvements

When making my real double page spread I need to consider where I need to improve. I need to improve two key parts. First of for my draft of in my double page spread (lewisglennonmediawork.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/organisationdouble-page-spread.html), I think that I had a good quality picture and used both pull quotes effectively. I also think I used the right size text and showed the reader the questions by putting them in bold, however there are areas for me to improve. Firstly I need to use a secondary image to support the pull quote in the middle of the text. This would show the reader what the artist is like and would complement the pull quote. Secondly my double page spread is just the simple image on one side, and text on the other. While I think this looks good I will try and merge the text around the image for my real thing as I believe this will look better and more like a proper double page spread you would see in Q or NME. However both of these ideas might not look as good as my double page spread does now, so I will make a draft to see what it looks like. I also need to look at basic errors I have made and sort them as well so my double page spread looks like a proper double page spread. The basic errors I have picked up on myself is that I have miss spelt  some words I have used in my interview and I my page numbers are not that clear to see. Therefore I need to sort out these improvements first, before experimenting with text layout and the use of a secondary image on my double page spread. To do this I will need to organize my time so I will be able to make an 'experimental' double page spread to see if it looks better than my current draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment