Wednesday 5 November 2014

Drafting and planning: Content pages

This is a content page from NME magazine. As my music magazine LGM is based on NME, I will use this contents page as a base when making mine. What I like about this contents page is that the main story has a big picture and a little paragraph summary. This helps draw the reader in and tells them what is in the interview,  giving the reader an insight so I will use this in my contents page for my main story. The image used also gives the reader an insight as it shows what band is being interviewed. I also like how on the right is other major stories but they are divided into categories, like 'Live' and 'Radar'. This makes it easy for the reader to find the specific category they want. However I think that is enough when telling the reader what page everything is on so I would get rid of the left column of index when making my contents page. Instead I am going to use that space to advertise subscription, and will then use any empty space for company info and who produced the magazine. It is important that I find space for this because by giving details about the people who produce my magazine I will be giving my readers and insight into how big LGM is. Also a subscription add helps pull in readers who are really into the magazine and want to buy every copy so it is crucial I have space for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment