Thursday 13 November 2014

Remake Remodel feedback: Organisation

Today I got my feedback for my remake remodel task. I was praised as I have used my main image consistently on my cover, content's page, and two page spread.  I have also clearly organised my photo shoots and aimed it at my target audience by using associated bands. The image on my double page spread was also praised as my cover star is showing attitude by having his hands in his pockets. This shows the readers that 'Flyn' is a bit rebellious and also makes my double page spread look like one used in a music magazine. Finally I was praised for clearly planning my product and the layout is mostly good but just needs a little bit of tweaking.


To improve I need to perhaps use the subheading for my contents page to help make the exclusive interview stand out and I should include more photo's associated with the cover lines. This will help make my work more consistent and coherent and I shall do this as it will help make my real magazine better. For my contents page as well I need to use a better image as my image looks very poor without a background. Also my music star does not really look the part in my contents page. I should also perhaps use another column to separate my other stories from my main one. For my double page spread I just need to add in more text and perhaps use a more professional font for the pull quote.


This task will help me in the future as it has shown me how I can make my work more holistic, coherent and consistent. It has also shown me how important it is to organize my photo shoot, and making of the magazine with enough time to pick out and make improvements. I can also use this feedback as a checklist when making my real product which will help me achieve a higher grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment