Wednesday 12 November 2014

Organisation: props

This NME front cover contains a prop from the main cover stars, Foals. The prop is used to complement the story that 'To make this record, things had to be killed.' Obviously nothing was killed but due to the band member holding a wrack on bones it complements it. However as only one member is holding it, it shows he is the lead singer. This is usually what props are used for to distinguish the lead singer to the audience and to give off a bit of their personality. I plan to use props in my front cover and I have chosen two props I may use.

Guitar
Now I could use a guitar as I may have a solo artist on my front cover and the guitar represents their music and shows the audience how much they are into music. I can easily get a guitar as I used to play, and I think this could be a good prop as it will show the audience the band members personality and look effective. However it would only work with a solo artist.

Sunglasses
This prop is best used for a band of 4 on a front cover. You usually see Alex Turner of the Arctic Monkey's wearing sunglasses, this is because it helps show the audience that he is the lead singer, and also show's him to be rebellious. Also to attract 'simpler' fans it looks cool. I have only thought of two bands at the moment but one of them is a band of 4 called Ancient Thirteen so using sunglasses as my prop is a major possibility.

If I can find anymore props to use then I will but at the moment I could use these two as they are easy to get and I currently think I will either have a solo artist or a band of 4 on my front cover. This activity will help me in the future as it will help me when deciding what prop to use

No comments:

Post a Comment