Tuesday 18 November 2014

Similar products

I need to decide how much I should make my magazine, LGM. To do this I have looked at 4 music magazine prices and used my results from SurveyMonkey. The four magazines I have used are NME, Q, Kerrang and RockSound. NME is priced  at £2.50 which is quite cheap for a music magazine. Q magazine is priced at £4.99, while Kerrang is £2.20 which is very very cheap. Finally RockSound costs the most at £5! Despite RockSound costing the most it still has a circulation of 13,200, while NME has a bigger circulation of 19,491! However Kerrang has an even bigger population of 37,603, while Q magazine has a circulation of 52,781 which is the biggest of the lot. However looking at the results I got on my survey most people would only be willing to pay £2.50-£4 for a music magazine. As Q magazine is £4.99 I am cannot use that price as most people would not pay that. Therefore I am gonna go half way and price LGM at £3.50. This exercise has helped show me how price can be the difference in getting a lot more of your target audience to buy your music magazine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment