Wednesday 3 December 2014

Organisation: Artist profile

On the front cover of my magazine, LGM, I will have the solo artist knows as Jake. Jake was a highly rated British prodigy when he first burst onto the music scene as an indie artists. However with every high there is a low and after 5 albums such as Loving you, Look there, JM, Suit up and lets party and Crawling back to you he has decided to retire from the indie industry and will reveal all in LGM!

I have named my solo artist 'Jake' simply because that is the name of my friend and it gives him his own identity, and I have made him a British singer so I can write using slang and about all the pressure singers get due to them being British. On the front cover Jake will look quite serious as he is discussing why he is leaving the music world, I will have him stood straight faced with his hands in his pockets to not only portray his seriousness but also his rebellious and don't care attitude to symbolism how much he does not care about music anymore. On the two page spread there will be a hint of anger as well. This will give the reader some indication of why he is retiring as he feels betrayed and angry at the music world and certain people in it.I came up with the album names off the top of my head and they seem like names for an indie style album, as some of them show emotion (Loving you, Suit up and lets party and Crawling back to you) while the other two are sort of random album title's which is  based around some Arctic Monkeys and Coldplay albums. This helps attract my target audience as most albums are about love by having something crazy and random it mkaes it different. Despite seeming to be retiring I will make Jake around 29-30 which is quite young so I can tie it in with a pull quote on my two page spread. By having him at a young age as well I will be able to discuss the pressure of being a young up and coming musical talent and how it can crush you, as well as interacting with my target audience who are mostly young people.This magazine will help me get my target audience as I will use a plan background to make Jake the main focus of my cover. I will also have Jake giving direct address to engage the audience and pull them in as direct address shows the fans that the interview is for them thus creating a connection between Jake and the fans. Finally I have decided to make Jake a solo artist because it is not very often you see a solo indie artist, so I made a huge solo indie artist to spice it up and give something different about my magazine. This also gives Jake his own identity as it is just him making the decision of retiring not anyone else.

This task will help me when making my final product as it is a plan of what I need to aim to do and when taking the photos and constructing the magazine I will be able to check this and make sure I have done what I aimed to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment