Tuesday 16 December 2014

Organisation: Improved front cover

I have looked back at my front cover which I made last week (http://lewisglennonmediawork.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/organiasationfront-cover-analysis.html) and I have decided that it does not look like a professional music magazine, as the cover lines are poor and I cropped out the background. So I decided to do it again keeping the white wall background in and looking at different fonts NME and Q magazine use. I also changed my masthead to just LGM instead of LGM magazine as it was to long and did not fit in with the codes and conventions. So i trimmed it down to LGM to keep it short and simple and it is like NME. I then imported my picture from Paint.Net to Publisher so I could work on cover lines. I quickly added a screamer at the bottom and a pug to help pull in my target audience as they will want to win the signed album of 'Crawling Back To You' as I have portrayed it as a massive album and Jake as a massive star. Also I have portrayed 'Flyn' as a big star so they audience will want to read his interview. I also re-evaluated my cover lines and kept the fonts simple, effective and easy to read. I also made the main cover line red, and the others as black to show the audience that Jake is my main story. I also made the name'Jake' bigger so my target audience will see his name and want to read his interview. I also used a pull quote to show the audience a glimpse of the interview. I also used a midshot so the audience can see the use of the prop, the guitar, and this will show Jake is focused on his music. The white wall background made it easy as it is nice and bright. Finally I kept to the codes and conventions of a music magazine by adding in the publishers, a barcode, the price and the dateline!

No comments:

Post a Comment