Sunday 28 December 2014

Organisation: Photo's I did not use for my contents page

This is one of the photo's I chose not to take of 'D and B' who star on my contents page. I only took a few pictures of them as they are only on my contents page and I chose not to use this picture for a few reasons. The first one is that my friend on the right is slightly grinning, which make's it look more like my friend pretending to be famous than a member of a big music due. It does not look professional enough and that is the biggest reason I decided not to use it. The second reason I decided not to use this picture was because there was to much high key lighting. Due to this it makes both the stars eye's look squinted and once again this does not make it look like a image for a music magazine. I soon changed the lighting when taking the one I eventual used so you could see the stars more clearly.
This is another image for my contents page I chose not to use of 'Nick Frost'. Just like the first image there are two reasons I decided not to use this image for my contents page. The first reason is the fact that you can see his finger sticking up in the shot. Like the previous picture this does not look professional as the finger salute he is doing is one used by 14 year children now and days, and not something you see on a contents page of a music magazine. If my target audience was 14 year old teenagers then I would of probably used this image but because it isn't I had to go for a more serious and professional picture. The second reason I decided not to use this image was due to my reaserch into Q magazine. In an addition of Q, Ed Sheeran was the cover star and they shot his interview at his old school. As I have based 'Nick Frost' on Ed Sheeran, (the ginger hair is just a coincidence), I decided to do this as well to help pull in target audience as it is something different. Therefore for my contents page of Nick Frost I shot him with some boards of work behind him as I plan to do his interview about his school life which lead to him getting into music. Therefore the plain background of this picture won't tie in with that story which is why I opted not to use this image.
These are the images of 'Neb' which I did not use for my contents page. For the first image I decided not to use it because it is an extreme mid-shot, as you can see most his body as well as his face. These type of shots are rarely on contents pages of music magazines, and when they are it is usually for the main interview. As Neb wasn't my main interview I thought it was useless to choose this picture because it does not go with the connotations of a contents page. The reason for not using the second is the fact that 'Neb' looks serious but slightly depressed. Oblivious I want him to look serious but I don't want want him looking to down as my story is about how happy he is on going solo, therefore I want him to look serious but a but more upbeat then he is in the second picture. 


No comments:

Post a Comment