Saturday 27 December 2014

Organisation



When I made my draft front I struggled with my background, and ended up having to re due my photo's and putting in the white background, before deciding just to keep in my original background. So to help me for my real front cover I have decided to look at front covers I have analysed before from Q,NME, and LadyGunn to help me see what is needed to improve my front cover. The backgrounds for each front cover are simply a plain white wall, so the main cover stars are the main focus but also it makes for an effective front cover. Also in each magazine there is different lighting, and in my opinion Q's front cover looks the best due to the bright lighting, which really complements the background making the main cover stars stand out effectively. In each cover the main cover stars are also giving direct address which helps bring in target audience as they are addressing them. Finally the use of props is effective in the second magazine it links in with the cover lines. This shows how props can make for an effective front cover.

This blog has helped me a lot because it has showed me that when it comes to organisation photo's for my front cover I need to plan better, and pick out the a plain background, the appropriate lighting, whether or not to use props and to driect my cover star into giving direct address. 

No comments:

Post a Comment