Thursday 11 December 2014

Organisation: Double page spread photo shoot




These are the 6 pictures I shot today for my double page spread. I used my friend Jake as the model as he is my main cover star, and did it outside for natural lighting and better effect. I used a mid shot so that the audience can clearly see that he has his hands in his pockets which sows his 'not caring' attitude. This ties in with my interview as Jake is quitting music because he does not care about it anymore. In every photo I got Jake to pull a straight face as I am basing my magazine on NME, and the artists in that are usually very serious so I tried to reflect that. In all but one of the pictures I got Jake to give the audience direct address so it was like he was addressing his fans about his decision to retire, but I decided to use the third picture where he is not giving direct address. I did this because once again it shows Jake's rebellious side and shows that he does not care about music anymore.
This is the final picture I made which I will use on my double page spread. Obviously I will add the interview next to it, but I decided to use a pull quote which sums up the main interview about Jake retiring from music. I really like this picture because the lighting, the colour of Jake's top and the colour of the quote all complement each other extremely well!  

No comments:

Post a Comment